Monday 12 October 2015

I have only been in Drake Bay for a week now and it has easily been one of the best weeks of my life. The sheer diversity of Fauna and Flora is mind blowing. Every day is a new adventure, I have already experience so much. We went scuba diving a few days ago and it was so unbelievably beautiful. We saw a Green sea turtle, sharks, stingrays, more ray eels, an abundant amount of fish and colorful coral. I think it was one of the best days of my life.



 Another really special moment was when I was woken up by my host family screaming ´´Peresozo!´´ I jumped out of bed as quickly as I could and ran across the road to find a three toed sloth slowly crawling along the ground and eventually make his way to a tree. Everyone was so excited, it was a really special moment.




Yesterday I had a hatchery shift in the morning, at around 8am two baby turtles hatched from a nest that had hatched the day before. It was the first time I´ve ever seen a baby turtle so as you can imagine I was ecstatic. I whipped on a glove and carefully grabbed them and put them into the bucket. We walked them down to the beach and then released them. It warmed my heart watching them make their way to the ocean. It really made me feel at peace.



Even just going down to the beach is awesome. We either ride or walk down and will take the boat across the lake or walk through the lagoon. I especially enjoy the walk through the lagoon. Sometimes you can see monkeys and birds up in the trees and small fish as you walk through. The bridge is my favorite part, I feel like I´m in Inindiana jones!




Costa Rica is the most beautiful place I have ever seen and having the opportunity to do this project has really brought be so much joy. I can´t wait to see what the coming weeks will bring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment