Monday 1 August 2016

From Brighton to Rio Oro!

I´m 24 years old and never thought I would be doing something like this! Wildly apprehensive (and scared within an inch of my life!) I have never felt so nervous as I did stepping off the wonderfully bumpy Collectivo...

However, the second I arrived here in camp, I have felt welcomed. Everyone here has treated me with kindness and support and laughter. It did not take long for me to relax here, to enjoy the hammocks, the fireflies, the cold showers the card games, the friends, the weather, the cabins, the beach, the streams and of course the turtles! The constant suprises of exotic wildlife flitting around the camp, high in the sky, the trees, the water, the ground were continually met with excitement from ALL members of camp - whether they´d been here 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months.

There are challenges here - the size of the spiders being a particular one for me! But the limited electricity and wifi and hot water fade into insignificance as you really start to commit to the lifestyle here. I have met people from all sorts of countries and walks of life who I have built firm friendships with. It has been truly amazing, an experience I am sad to end and will treasure forever.

Josephine, 24, Brighton, England

No comments:

Post a Comment