Monday 14 November 2016

My time at Hacienda Rio Oro was much too short, but the memories I made will definitely last me a lifetime. There are numerous reasons that this place was so special to me: you are surrounded by incredible nature, with all sorts of jungle creatures showing up on your doorstep. Every day is an adventure! The turtles are amazing and working with them is a lot of fun - particularly the hatchlings. You are working for a very important cause. Most importantly though, both the coordinators and the other volunteers are extremely kind and helpful. I felt welcomed into the Hacienda family from the moment I arrived. If you’re thinking of volunteering at Rio Oro then be prepared for some physically challenging work, crazy wildlife and uncooperative weather, but also a lot of rewarding experiences and unforgettable moments. I will miss you guys! 
Amelie.

No comments:

Post a Comment