Tuesday 28 July 2015

The world is yours, discover it.

So I have been Costa Rica for a little under a month now, spending my time working as part of the sea turtle conservation program. The main thing that stands out for is the fact that everyday you will see something that blows your mind or completely changes the way you think; from the monkeys rampaging and hollering through the canopy to the giant crabs that peep at you from the lagoon.
 I have stayed in a home stay for the majority of my trip, this has been a really valuable experience, seeing the impact that the time you spend with them has  had a real impact;  having a family that maybe don't have the same commodities and luxuries as I do offer you everything that you have and try their utmost to ensure that you have the best time possible.

A side from a few trips and holidays this has been my first major trip, I feel like I have learnt so much about myself and have only one piece for anyone that may want to travel but may have fears or self doubts and that is to put all those fears that restrict and throw them to the back of your mind, travelling and volunteering will without doubt be a life changing experience and will allow you to meet, as I have some of the best people who will undoubtedly become friends for life.  So get out their see the world and travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment