Sunday 16 August 2015

Corcovado Fundation

-What a journey !

My trip in Costa Rica is from far the best I have ever done in my life. Not only the landscapes are one of the most beautiful things I have seen, but also because the people here are truely amazing. They are extremely polite and full of life. Never have I seen someone not saying ´´hola´´ or not waving his hands when we see each other. I can easily understand why ´´pura vida´´ is their motto !

Talking about visiting, I went downtown San Jose for my first two days. I recommend it for anyone who likes walking through huge crowds and go to some museums, churches ! Definitely, it´s a good thing to do if it is your first time in Costa Rica. After all, visiting the capital is a pretty natural thing to do ! We left San Jose on Tuesday the 11th in order to go to Drake Bay. During the bus ride (9 hours), we went through heavy jungle, forests, small towns. It was amazing !

What can I say about Drake Bay and its surroundings ? First of all, the hostel is a really nice place where everyone comes to chill, have a nice time. The people managing it are really cool and kind. The inhabitants of El Progresso are lovely people. I just love being in my homestay. The hosts, Edin and Yrlani are the kindest people on earth, definitely ! I had the chance to go to a waterfall, a river. There are so many places where you can swim, it is unbelievable ! Of course, the beach is the place to go, what a view from there ! But there is not just water here. Hiking and walking through the forest is something that you have to experience. You could have the chance to see birds, monkeys and other animals !

The turtle conservation program is so far a good experience; even though, I haven´t had the chance to see a single turtle. Elias and Eva, the biologists are really nice people. They try to do anything to pass their knowledge and love of turtles. They make sure that we´re having a good experience.

When coming here, I did not know what to expect in any aspects. Now, thanks to the things I have seen, the places I have been and the people I have met, I can easily say that I do not regret coming here at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment