Sunday 27 September 2015

Jungle Days

     The beauty in the Osa Peninsula is astounding. I´ve only been invovled with the sea turtle conservation program for 2 weeks but it is the most beautiful place I´ve been too. So far during my stay I´ve seen Green Turtles, Olive Ridleys, an ocelot, squirrels, howler monkeys, crocodiles and an assortment of other amazing wildlife. That´s not even mentioning how beautiful the beach is during the day and even more so at night. Walking the beach at night is breathtaking at times; look up and the sky is riddled with stars, look down and you can see the sand light up as you walk. Regardless of time or day, the crash of waves is a constant sound that pushes out any silence.
     What has made this experience even more special is the people I´ve met. I´ve met many locals, volunteers and research assistants who are amazing people and after my trip is through parting with them and this great place will be difficult.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment